NH Hotels is doing its bit to reduce its carbon footprint. For example, we’ve recently teamed up with Isofoton, a solar technology company, to help us reduce the amount of non-renewable energy we use in our hotels. We’re starting off with two flagship initiatives in a couple of our Spanish hotels- the NH Parque Avenidas Hotel in Madrid and the NH Campo de Gibraltar in Palmones (due to open in September). Our long term ambition is to install this kind of alternative energy production into all our hotels, whenever it is technically possible.
If you want to do your bit while you’re on holiday or a business trip, have a look at these ideas:
1. Make sure you turn off any lights or electrical items when you’re not using them or when you leave the room.
2. Don’t use or take those little bottles of shampoo unless you actually need to.
3. Do you really need a new towel? How long do you normally use one for at home? If you hang your towels up we’ll save energy and water by leaving them in your room.
4. Do you really need it to be icy cold in your room all night? You can easily set the AC a few degrees closer to the outside temperature without noticing or even program it to turn off after you’ve gone to sleep.
5. Whether you’re at home or away, learn to love this mantra: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
Stay at the NH Parque Avenidas or the NH Campo de Gibraltar and find out some of the amazing things you can do with solar technology.